What is My Student Support Program (MySSP) at SOU?
The SHWC is partnering with MySSP to expand their services to ensure all students have access to a mental health professional any time of day, from anywhere in the world. My SSP offers simple access to connect with a mental health counselor about anything. Call. Chat. Anytime. Anywhere. MySSP connects students with free, confidential mental health and wellbeing support conveniently available 24/7.
My SSP can help address common concerns such as:
- Adapting to a new campus culture, learning style, or city
- Being successful at school
- Relationships with friends and family
- Feelings of isolation, stress, worry, sadness, loneliness and much more
- Frustration or uncertainty related to studies or post-graduation plans
- Creating balance between personal and academic priorities
Students can access MySSP by either visiting the MySSP website, downloading the App, or calling 866.743.7732 (if outside the US or Canada, call 001.380.6578).
When you first log on, search Southern Oregon University under “Search for Your School.” You’ll be asked to fill in your name, preferred language, and basic informed consent for this service.
What Resources Can Be Accessed?
MySSP offers students a variety of services based upon their needs:
- Free Confidential Services: Your use of My SSP – including chats, calls, and conversations, is free and confidential – meaning your professors, family, friends, etc., will not know unless you tell them.
- Real-time chat support 24/7: Chat with a mental health counselor at your convenience.
- Telephone support 24/7: Speak to a mental health counselor with a simple phone call.
- Health assessments: Complete an anonymous assessment to get feedback on your emotional health.
- Health & Wellbeing content: Access articles, podcasts, infographics, and videos addressing a variety of wellbeing topics.
- Access virtual fitness sessions: Sign up for FREE virtual fitness sessions available through LIFT.
- Five Languages Available: My SSP content and support are available in Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, French, and English.